I think I was one of the few people that didn’t grow up eating sloppy joes. I started making these recently after discovering how easy they are to make. These are great for a sweet and savoy meal without a ton of prep. If you want to skip the buns, these are great with a lettuce wrap as well!
- 16 Oz Tempeh
- ½ Green Bell Pepper chopped
- ¼ Yellow Onion chopped
- ¾ Cup Ketchup no sugar added
- 1 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Yellow Mustard
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Liquid Smoke
- 4-5 Hamburger Buns
- Red Onion Sliced
- Begin by heating a medium sized pan over medium heat. Chop the onion and bell pepper and add to the pan with a splash of water so they don't burn.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Crumble the tempeh into small pieces and add to pan with the rest of the filling ingredients. Simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!