I’d like to call these Meatball Subs, but since there’s no meat it would just be a ball sub. We went with meatless subs instead. These meatballs are great on sandwiches, and also can be used in spaghetti dishes if you prefer.
- Food Processor or NutriBullet
- ½ Tsp. Dried Basil
- ½ Tsp. Dried Oregano
- ½ Tsp. Dried Parsley
- ½ Tsp. Dried Thyme
- ¼ Tsp. Dried Rosemary
- 8 Hot Dog Buns
- Pasta Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the ground flax and water in a large mixing bowl, and allow it to sit for five minutes.
- Add the chickpeas to a food processor or blender and pulse until no full beans are visible. If you prefer to mash by hand, use a potato masher.
- Add the chickpeas and all other filling ingredients to the flax mix. If you don't have every spice on hand for the Italian seasoning, you can substitute with 1 tbsp. of Italian seasoning blend.
- Mix well then form the mixture into balls to place on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes then flip the meatballs and bake for 15 additional minutes.
- Allow the meatballs to cool for 5 minutes then toss in pasta sauce. Serve in a toasted hot dog bun.