There’s never a bad time to enjoy enchiladas. I come back to this dish once a week because it’s so easy and so tasty. These enchiladas are so creamy and comforting.
This dish makes 6-7 enchiladas depending on how many you can fit into your baking dish. If you prefer smaller enchiladas, add less filling so the tortillas roll into smaller logs.
Black Bean Enchiladas
- 9×13 Baking Dish
- 1 Zucchini chopped
- ½ Medium Yellow Onion chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 4.5 Oz. Can Green Chiles
- 2 15 Oz. Cans Black Beans (low sodium) rinsed
- 8 Oz. Refried Beans (fat free, low sodium)
- ½ Cup Gardein Ground "Beef" about half a package
- 3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- ½ Tsp Paprika
- 20 Oz. Red Enchilada Sauce
- 6-7 Flour Tortillas
- Vegan Sour Cream optional topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Evenly distribute ⅓ can of enchilada sauce into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Chop the zucchini and onion. Sauté with the “meat” in a large pan over medium heat for five minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté for an addition 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add filling to the middle third of a tortilla and roll it. Place each tortilla into the dish then cover with remaining enchilada sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes. After the enchiladas are cooked, top with vegan sour cream if preferred.