Of all the delicious foods I’ve made, this is the most requested dish from my friends and family. There’s something about a savory, melt-in-your-mouth blueberry muffin that can’t be resisted. This tends to be the dish I bring to gatherings amongst friends because of how easy they are to make. These muffins are made in one bowl, and are beginner friendly.
- 1¼ Cup Soy Milk
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ⅓ Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1½-2 Cups Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a muffin tray with muffin tins.
- Combine soy milk with apple cider vinegar in a measuring cup, and allow it to sit for five minutes. It will start to curdle, and then this can be used as the "buttermilk."
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients then mix until combined.
- Pour the soy mixture, oil, and vanilla extract into the bowl then stir until no clumps remain.
- Fold in the blueberries, but do not over mix.
- Transfer the batter to the muffin tins until each tin is ¾ full.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes. They are done when you can stick a toothpick into the muffin and it comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes then enjoy!