I can’t stop making muffins. These are moist and sweet as well as super easy to make. This was my first time making muffins with whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour and I was pleasantly surprised. You can substitute the whole wheat flour if you don’t have any at home.
I started with sweet potatoes that were precooked. Preheat the oven to 425°F and wrap each sweet potato with aluminum foil. Fold up the sides of the aluminum foil so they don’t leak. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. I used 3 medium sized potatoes for this recipe.
Sweet Potato Muffins
- 2½ Cups Sweet Potato cooked and mashed
- ¾ Cup Oat Milk or non dairy milk of choice
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1½ Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- ¾ Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cups.
- Add the sweet potato, milk, and vanilla extract to a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all dry ingredients then add in the sweet potato mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the batter into the muffin cups filling each cup ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check to see if they are done by inserting a toothpick into a muffin then removing it. If it comes out clean then the muffins are ready.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes.