Soup is an easy crowd pleaser that’s pretty hard to mess up. This tomato soup is extra creamy with our secret ingredient.. cashews. If you don’t have a high powered blender I recommend soaking them for 10 minutes before blending.
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 28 oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 28 oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth low sodium
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 Cup Raw Cashews
- 1 Handful Fresh Basil chopped
- Soak the cashews in 1/2 cup of water while preparing the soup.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Sauté the minced garlic with 1 Tbsp of water for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, balsamic vinegar, and basil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cashews with water to blender and blend until smooth. Add in part of the soup to blend.
- Continue adding in soup until all contends are smooth.
- Serve hot and enjoy!