If you’re unsure where to start with plant based cheesy dishes, this is the the best place to start. This is my favorite recipe I’ve made to date, and this ricotta actually FOOLED the people I asked to test it. You need to try this before you judge it because it’s one of my favorite comfort food recipes to make.
Spinach Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- Food Processor
- 1 Batch Ricotta Cheese
- 5-6 Oz Baby Spinach
- 18-20 Jumbo Shells
- Vegan Mozerella shredded, to top dish
- 1 32 oz. jar Pasta Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F and cook jumbo shells according to package.
- Prepare one batch of plant based Ricotta while you wait for the shells to cook.
- The spinach can be raw or sautéed. If you sauté the spinach, you’ll be able to use 10oz instead of 5oz!
- Combine spinach with ricotta and mix well.
- Pour jar of pasta sauce into baking dish. Alternately, half of the jar can be used here and the other half later.
- Line shells into baking dish on the sauce and stuff each shell with the ricotta spinach mix. If half of the jar was saved, it can be poured over the top of the shells.
- Top with non dairy mozzarella. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover then bake for 10-15 additional minutes.