This “ricotta” fooled even my most skeptical taste testers. It’s great for a filler in other recipes, or can be eaten plain on crackers! Try it in the Spinach Ricotta Stuffed Shells recipe.. it’s my favorite.
Soft Ricotta Cheese
- Food processor or blender
- 1 Package of Extra Firm Tofu 14oz. drained and pressed
- 2½ Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- ½-1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1½ Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 medium Sweet Onion diced
- Drain tofu and press between two towels with a heavy object on top for 10 minutes.
- Cook the sweet onion in a pan over medium heat until translucent. Do not use oil. Splash water to prevent burning.
- Transfer onion and tofu into food processor along with all other ingredients. Blend until smooth.
The food processor will push all ingredients to the outer portion of the blades. Use a spoon to push everything back to the center to insure mixture is blending.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I tried this recipe and added some lemon juice. It was amazing!! My first time ever making a plant based cheese, it was easy and delicious. Will use this recipe for future use 10/10