Take your Saturday grill outs to the next level with homemade buns. It’s a little extra prep time, but it makes a noticeable difference.
- Stand Mixer
- 1 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast
- ½ Cup Water room temperature/SLIGHTLY warm
- 1 Tbsp Flax Seeds ground
- 2 Tbsp Water
- ½ Cup Milk Non Dairy
- 2 Tbsp Butter Non Dairy, melted
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
Prepare the Activated Yeast
- Add active yeast and water to the stand mixer bowl. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
Prepare the Flax Egg
- Add the flax seeds and water to a separate, small bowl. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
Prepare the Dough
- Add flax egg to the activated yeast mixture. Add all ingredients for the dough except flour to the stand mixer bowl. Mix well.
- Using the dough hook attachment on the mixer, knead the dough on a low speed while adding in one cup of flour at a time. Once all flour is added, knead for 8-10 minutes until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the bowl.
- Remove hook and cover bowl with a damp towel. Allow the dough to rise for 1 hour or until it is doubled in size.
- After the dough has risen, dust a clean surface with flour then transfer dough to surface.
- Split dough into 6-8 equal pieces then shape each piece into a ball. (Do not over-knead the dough)
- Place balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Allow the dough to rise for an additional 35 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°F when timer is close to ending.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Allow the buns to cool before cutting.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!