These frittatas are great for meal prepping when you know there won’t be time to cook breakfast. Cook them in the evening and heat it in the oven for a few minutes in the morning. Frittatas also make a great appetizer or snack since they store well in the fridge.
If you’re unfamiliar with Kala Namak aka Himalayan Black Salt, it’s a very potent salt. Adding the smallest amount of Kala Namak to recipes will give it an egg flavor. How? If you smell this salt in the bag it REEKS of sulfur. Don’t go overboard if you’re trying it for the first time. There is a fine line between adding a slight egg taste, and ending with rotten eggs. This salt is used in many egg alternatives and recipes. If you’re interested in another recipe that’ll blow your mind, try out my Deviled Egg recipe. It’s one of my favorites.
Breakfast Chickpea Frittatas
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Dice red onion and bell pepper. Chop spinach into smaller pieces.
- Whisk chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, garlic powder, and dried basil in a mixing bowl until combined. Add in all other ingredients and whisk again.
- Pour mixture into muffin tin. It should fill all 12 slots.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until you can stick a toothpick in the frittata and it comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving.