Sweet tooth? Still want to eat clean? I have the perfect salad for you. I never thought I would reach for a SALAD when I was craving something sweet. There are so many ways to spice up your greens so you can get through that salad bag you probably forgot about. This recipe is a very simple, sweet, savory salad.
There is no store bought dressing that compares to making it yourself! If you are using chia seeds rather than chia gel, soak the chia seeds in 2 tsp of water so it will create a gel.
Strawberry Pecan Spinach Salad
Strawberry Pecan Spinach Salad:
- 11 oz. Baby Spinach Mix
- 2 Cups Fresh Strawberries sliced
- ½ Cup Red Onion diced or sliced
- ⅓ Cup Raw Pecans
Strawberry Chia Dressing:
- 1 Cup Strawberries sliced
- 2 Very Ripe Clementines fresh
- 4 Small Dates pitted
- 2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- Mix chia seeds with 1 Tbsp of water and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
- Slice pecans lengthwise on a cutting board so they are in long halves.
- Arrange salad ingredients into 2 large bowls or 4 medium sized bowls.
- Blend dressing ingredients together and drizzle over salad.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!