This sandwich is so easy, comforting, and so flavorful! I can’t believe how many people haven’t tried making tomato sandwiches, so I figured I’d get this out there to showcase how amazing they are. The garlic aioli sauce can also be used on other sandwiches because it adds a huge pop of flavor. I recommend using fresh garlic cloves for this instead of garlic powder. It makes a big difference.
Growing up, my grandparents MiMi and PaPal used to grow tomatoes and there was no better taste than a warm, fresh tomato off the vine. Roasting tomatoes reminds me of these like a warm, roasted sandwich.
Roasted Tomato Sandwich
- 2 Tomatoes Cut into 7-8 thick slices
- 4 Slices Sourdough Bread
- ½ Avocado
- ¼ Cup Vegan Mayo
- ½ Lemon Juiced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- Fresh Basil To taste
- Dried Oregano To taste
- Dried Thyme To taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with Parchment paper.
- Season each tomato slice with salt, pepper, oregano, and thyme on both sides to your liking.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven
- Prepare the garlic aioli by combining mayo, lemon juice, and minced garlic in a small bowl.
- Assemble the sandwich with aioli on each slice followed by tomato slices, arugula, and fresh basil.