These highly addicting kale chips are my weakness. The best part is that kale is a super food so this is an amazing snack to have as long as you keep the oil to a minimum. I have always loved salt and vinegar flavored foods. I used to eat salt and vinegar chips until my mouth was sore, but now I reach for these. Kale gets super airy and crispy in the oven, and I’m almost drooling while thinking about these right now.
I strongly recommend trying without salt before you go crazy with it. I know the name of the recipe is Salt and vinegar chips, but trust me the vinegar does the job. I use white vinegar but if you prefer another one that’ll probably work a well. If you must use salt, use a very small amount or salt after baking to give it a try first.
Here’s what they look like once they’re done.. they SHRINK! I had to make a couple batches because of this. Great way to eat your greens quickly though!
Salt & Vinegar Kale Chips
- 1 Bunch Kale
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Vinegar
- ¼ Tsp Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with Parchment paper.
- Remove stems from Kale and chop into 2 inch pieces. Use a package of kale precut to save time.
- Add kale, olive oil, and vinegar to a bowl and toss until combined well. Salt to taste but the vinegar makes the kale salty on its own so I recommend trying it without salt the first time.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss the kale to flip it then bake for 10 additional minutes.